October 2nd, 2022
17th Sunday after Pentecost
Service Notes and Announcements
Standing On the Promises
I Know Not Why Such Wondrous Grace
Here Is Bread, Here Is Wine
Will Your Anchor Hold?
Psalm Lamentations 3:19-26
OT Lamentations 1:1-6
NT 1 Timothy 1:1-14
Gospel Luke 17:5-10
Sermon: “Don’t Let Go”
· Limehouse 161st Anniversary – Thank you to everyone who helped to make our Anniversary Service a special occasion today. It is nice to see everyone in person again.
· Joint Worship Service - Mark your calendars! On October 16th, the churches of North Halton will be gathering for their first Joint Service since 2019! We will be hosting this year.
· Are Your Affairs In Order? Jones' Funeral Home is presenting a workshop on being prepared for the end, led by their new Certified Executor Advisor, Gordon MacGregor will be at the at the Erin Legion, 11-12:30 and 6:30-8, on Wednesday, October 26th. See details on the poster. Call Jones' (905-877-3631) to register.
· Townsend-Smith Foundation- North Halton, in conjunction with Heart House and Acclaim Health, is offering a workshop on Cultural Considerations at End-of-Life. Presentation themes are Talking about Dying in a Culturally Sensitive Way; Rituals on the end-of-life journey, at time of death and post death; How grief is expressed in various Faiths and Cultures; and Supporting families through the grief journey. Date is Thursday, October 20,2022. Location is Gellert Community Centre, 10241 Eighth Line, Georgetown. Registration at 9:00 am; presentations 9:30 am-11:30 am.
· GFORCe3- October 1st, 7 p.m. Octoberfest Pub Night and Auction at St. Alban’s Church Hall, 537 Main St, Glen Williams. See attached for more details.
- For Christians around the world as they gather for communion, that they remember that we are to be one in Christ
- For those rebuilding after storms and fires and earthquakes and wars
- For those who are bringing life into the world, and those who know they are on their way out
- For those who feel "adrift" and are in desperate need of knowing the strong and secure presence of God
Thanks, as always, to everyone for your continued support of the work and ministry of our congregations!