Limehouse Presbyterian Church

Limehouse Presbyterian Church

Spreading God's Word to the Limehouse Community for 160 years

Sunday morning worship services are held at 9:30 a.m. All are welcome to join in Praising God in 'the little church on the hill'

Friday 23 May 2014

Order of Worship, May 25, 2914



Limehouse Presbyterian Church
Limehouse, Ontario


MINISTER :    Reverend Steven Boose
CLERK OF SESSION: Ted Brown
ORGANIST: Josh Lim
MORNING WORSHIP  11:00 a.m.    May 25th, 2014
         
38th ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE

GOD CALLS US TO WORSHIP

ORGAN PRELUDE:       Musical Selections               Josh Lim

INTROIT: Holy, Holy, Holy  vs. 1                            # 299

CALL TO WORSHIP
 
PRAYER OF INVOCATION

HYMN:       Precious Lord, Take my Hand                # 675

Precious Lord, take my hand, Lead me on, let me stand
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn
Through the storm through the night, lead me on to the light;
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.

When my way grows drear, precious Lord, linger near
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call, hold my hand lest I fall.
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home
 
Announcements
We welcome you to our 38th annual Memorial Day Service. May you renew friendships and memories during this time of worship.

Trustees, Bruce Coles, Bill Karn and Ron Kirkwood thank you for your continued interest and financial support. We are proud of our cemetery and your generous donations enable us to maintain the cemetery grounds.

The Sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated June 1st at 9:30 a.m.

Beef On A Bun June 14th, 2014, 5 to 7 p.m.
Menu: BBQ beef on a bun, baked beans, coleslaw, pie and beverages.
Adults $12.00, Children 12 and under $6.00.
Contact Glenda Benton or Carol Lawson for tickets.

You are invited to lunch and a time of fellowship in the Church Hall following the closing prayers in the cemetery.

Rev. Steve Boose has ministered to us at Knox and Limehouse since August. Please introduce yourself to Rev. Boose. We are so blessed with the support of our extended family.

There are binders available for your viewing pleasure following our service this morning. This project is made up of 4 binders in which photos of monuments and the names of those interred have been organized into sections. The binders are Plots 1 to 50, Plots 51 to 100, Plots 101 to 140. New Section Rows A to E and Cremation Plots. We are pleased to share this inventory of the history of Limehouse Presbyterian Church Cemetery.

 
Many Hands Make Light Work!
On behalf of the Trustees and Board of Managers, we extend a heartfelt thank you
to the many volunteers who helped to clear the cemetery and church grounds following the ice storm.
Thankfully, no monuments or buildings were damaged. Quality Tree Service will chip and clear the piles of debris in the coming weeks.

The Trustees extend a heartfelt “thank you” to Ron and Joan Matheson, Halton Commercial Printers, for the printing of the
special invitations at no cost.